ok so where was I... I think I'll stop raving about Dover Castle, you get the idea, it was awesome.
So I got back to London from Dover Friday evening and rushed straight off to see Hairspray in the West End... G&G very kindly bought me a ticket and it was absolutely amazing!! One of the best shows I've ever seen! Yesterday was spent sleeping and figuring out next week... oh and I spent a lot of my time helping grandpa peel and cook the apples from the ODH orchard in Dorset. The dining room is absolutely full of them, they're on every surface. So I also used about a tray worth of them in a HUGE upside-down apple cake, i mean this thing is monster. It just fit in the oven, but came out amazing! There's so much left still!
So today Dad flew in from Wassenaar for G&G's special church service celebrating their golden anniversary. I went & Mike did too, so it was mini reunion! The service was absolutely amazing, a professional choir came and sang some of their favorite songs, and there was wine & food afterwards... haha old people drinking at 11am... solid :) Then we all went to lunch at Brinkleys which is fancy fancy aka Madonna eats there and last time they were there they saw Kylie Minogue, no big deal. Oh and we walked past Madonna's old house & Frank Lampards house. So good times. Then we walked around the Physic Garden accross the road from the flat which is the second oldest herb garden IN THE WORLD! And don't fret, I'm not going to bore you with details of the plants, but let's just say there was a plant that cured just about every illness under the sun, as well as plants that could kill you if you touched them. Good combo.
And then Dad left :( and I've been planning and booking this coming week!
Here's the plan:
Manana: leave for Edinburgh, 2 nights there
Wednesday: to the Lake District, Grasmere to be precise for a little mountain climbing/R&R... 2 nights
Friday: to Leeds to see my godmother & her family... very excited about that!!
Sunday: to Durham, one night
Monday: to Teesside aka where I lived for 10 years, that's gonna be weird!!... 2 nights
Wednesday: York, one night
Thursday: back to London to do laundry/regroup/get some sleep because dorms of 8-10 hostellers and me don't mix so well
Then the week after is a mystery at the moment...
Sooooooooo that's about it for now, I'm about to embark on another internet-less week until Friday, it's so weird not being able to talk to my friends for that long but I'm starting to accept that I can't know everything! But I'm very excited about the next 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY
I'll update you as soon as possible :) :) :)
Lots of Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment